Thanks to YOU, we are celebrating 65 Years!
In 2014 Surflight Theatre will enter its 65th year of “Broadway at the Beach” but we can’t do it without you, our loyal audience and generous benefactors.
In a normal year, Surflight’s production of Les Misérables would have provided the financial reserve needed to carry the theatre through the fall and winter months. Instead, those profits had to be applied to the Theatre’s still on-going recovery from Superstorm Sandy–efforts that were constrained by extremely low revenues in the first half of our season and delays in state and federal recovery funding we have yet to receive. It was only through the arduous efforts of our staff and an army of committed volunteers that we were able to patch together a full 2013 season.
Now, as we stand at the threshold of planning for 2014, we again turn to you for support. But this year, our appeal carries greater urgency. Much still remains to be done, including repairing property damage, dealing with loss of our costume inventory, and rebuilding Surflight’s technical infrastructure. Without your continued support, Surflight’s ability to perform “Broadway at the Beach” is in jeopardy.
We believe the landmark Surflight Theatre offers the community something vital and necessary. It distinguishes Long Beach Island as a cultural destination. It is an economic engine that supports other businesses on the Island and is a major employer during the summer months.
Your donation is a gift that preserves, for future generations, all that Surflight offers:
- Mainstage: Quality regional theatrical productions, comedy and concert series.
- Children’s Theatre: Your children and grandchildren are introduced to the magic of live theatre.
- Showplace Ice Cream Parlour: A unique ice cream experience with live entertainment for your family.
- Internship Program: Aspiring artists learn first-hand the business of theatrical performance,
- stage craft and management.
- Surflight-To-Go: Our touring educational troupe that performs in our schools throughout the tri-state
- Surflight Theatre Arts Resource School (STARS): Summer classes that offer singing, acting and dance
- training for young performers.
Your support is essential to the future of the theatre. Tickets sales cover slightly more than half of our annual operating expenses. The rest must come from grants and the generosity of individual donors like you.
Please keep Surflight Theatre’s stage lights burning bright. Every contribution, large or small, makes a difference. With your help we will enter our 65th year strong and resolute in our mission. Help us provide our audiences the finest in performing arts and our young actors with a learning experience that prepares them to achieve their dreams.
The accompanying donor/pledge form will explain the ways to support Surflight Theatre. It is a registered non-profit 501(c)3 organization. All contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent permitted by the Internal Revenue Service.
Thank you for supporting the Arts on Long Beach Island!
R. Andrew Watts
Chair, Board of Trustees
• To make your donation by check please download the 2013-14 Donor Pledge Form
• Donate securely online via credit card by clicking the “Donate” button below (Paypal)
• Please check with your employer to see if they participate in a matching gift program that will increase the value of your contribution.
• Stop by or call the box office at 609-492-9477, ext. 1
After hours, leave your contact information and someone will promptly return your call.
Donations to Surflight Theatre are tax-deductible to the full extent the law allows. For additional information or questions, call the Director of Development Bill Lawton at 609-492-9477 ext 204
On behalf of everyone at Surflight Theatre, we thank you in advance for your consideration of this request.
BECOME A CONTRIBUTOR!
[AOL may not provide an accepted standard of access to the Internet. You may need to switch to a different browser in order to access/submit our order forms and donation page.]